To engage key community members and critical thinkers working in multi-disciplinary roles in the field of child health equity, the Edwin S.H. Leong Centre for Healthy Children will develop a robust value-add membership model and formulate sustainable and impactful partnerships across a number of departments at U of T. Building on clinical expertise within the Department of Paediatrics, and public health, social policy and data science at U of T, the Leong Centre will support faculty in achieving the greatest impact for children in priority populations. Short-term priorities include recruiting research Chairs, developing tools to leverage existing data infrastructures, translating research evidence to practice and funding innovative and interdisciplinary projects and training opportunities.
The Leong Centre is proud to work with the following foundational partners:
- University of Toronto Temerty Faculty of Medicine
- Council of Deans - University of Toronto, University of British Columbia and University of Cambridge
- The Hospital for Sick Children Department of Paediatrics
- The Hospital for Sick Children Research Institute
- SickKids Foundation
- ICES (Formerly known as the Institute for Clinical Evaluative Sciences)